I tried to draft a celebration post numerous times yesterday. In fact, I had a post all ready to go this a.m. but I woke up and deleted it. Sometimes, things just don’t feel right.
But celebrations are important. So, I made a list of ten things that made me happy this week. The first things to enter my head. List making is soothing. Gratitude is huge.
1. Strong coffee
2. Reading a pile of picture books at 6 a.m. when everyone else is asleep. Then, sitting back and feeling like a whole day of emotions has already been lived.
3. Smoothie inventing
4. Hawk sounds. They are nesting in nearby trees and their cry is beautiful.
5. Family birthdays
6. Evening games of Blokus
7. Laundry on the line
8. Sitting under a tree with my daughter. Reading books. People watching.
9. Soccer camp for my son. Boys and soccer: bright cleats, long shorts, big smiles.
10. Smiling at strangers in busy neighbourhoods. Smiles back.
I hope that all of your weeks were full of small moments to celebrate.
Thank you to Ruth Ayres, for the inspiration and her Celebration Link up that she hosts each week. I treasure this #celebratelu community. Despite our busy days, time is always found to share what we celebrate. It’s like passing a virtual gratitude stone!