It’s summer and slowly, slowly I have been embracing a summer pace. This is what I celebrate – the time to do all of these things and breathe in between.
- Bookstore visits. Yes, I can’t get out without a few titles following me home but how I love the wandering, the reading, the choosing.
- Coffee with friends. Not starting with the “busy, busy” check in but with hugs, smiles and time.
- Walking in the neighbourhood and having time to notice wild and wondrous things like this . . . fungi? I don’t know if this is a good thing but it sure is startling.
- Baking banana everything. Eating banana everything. Muffins. Cake. Loaves. With lots of coffee. Yum. (Because those bunches sure do go brown quickly in the heat)
- Weeding. Deadheading. Appreciating garden views even though it has been weeks and weeks without rain. In the Pacific Northwest, this just feels so wrong. Particularly appreciating all of my drought tolerant plants.
- Reading a lot. And then a lot more. Watching my children do the same.
- Blogging a lot. And then a lot more. All of the reading means I start thinking in lists. Loved making this latest one.
- Listening to the hawks cry. And then discovering them mid day sitting on our roof. The sound is incredible.
When we celebrate life slowing down there is much to appreciate.
Thank you to Ruth Ayres and the #celebratelu community! Being part of a community that regularly shares gratitude and celebrations truly transforms my weeks.