I almost feel guilty celebrating true spring here in the Pacific Northwest as I know our rain is someone else’s snow and our blooming spring flowers haven’t even peeked through in some places but . . . I just had a two week Spring Break and I celebrate it. I had 6 days in Seattle with my family, some of it happily spent with my sister and her family. We also had time to just be, work in the garden, go for walks, appreciate the rain. It has all been slow and lovely.
- Exploring different cities
- Incredible views
- Evening walks on the water
- Lots of bookstore time. List making. Reading. Purchasing.
- Library visits that go on for hours
- Cousins, Uncles, Aunties and walks
And some things I have no pictures of but made my break just as happy:
- Coffee, thick books and sweets (all at the same time)
- Organizing my bookshelves
- Winning the war with the weeds
- Transplanted tulips that still bloomed!
- Dreams of garden plans that might really happen . . .
- Happy twelve year olds and their chitter chatter
- Listening to an audio book with the family on long car rides
- Two more days until my 18th wedding anniversary
Thank you to Ruth Ayres and the #celebratelu community! Being part of a community that regularly shares gratitude and celebrations truly transforms my weeks. Read all of the celebrations by following the links shared here.